Southeast Georgia Health System has an opportunity for a Director of Nursing to join our team at our Senior Care Center in St. Marys!
The Director of Nursing:
- Directs and supervises the work of nursing service employees on a designated patient/resident care unit
- Is responsible for assignments, scheduling, orientation, supervision, guidance and evaluation of nursing personnel on the unit so as to ensure and maintain a high quality of patient care
- Will perform direct patient care as needed
- Responsible for infection control and performance improvement for the unit and maintains records and submits reports as determined by policy
- Contributes to team building by maintaining a positive, motivational attitude and a holistic approach toward nursing management
- Works with physicians and physician extenders in a collegial manner for the resolution of patient/resident care problems
- Demonstrates a positive professional attitude toward health care, challenges for the future, while maintaining professional integrity
- Works and communicates with all individuals at the appropriate age, level of education, maturity and understanding
The Director of Nursing performs the following essential responsibilities:
- Accountable for the provision of patient care on assigned unit 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
- Maintains the budget for the unit within guidelines by demonstrating financial responsibility for staffing, patient charges, and equipment purchasing/leasing
- Recommends and implements any studies needed in the department for improved patient care
- Confers with supervisory personnel in other departments as the need arises, encouraging and maintaining good intra- and interdepartmental relationships and communications
- Maintains open communication with the Nursing Home Administrator of the facility
- Initiates and maintains comprehensive and appropriate records and reports required for the effective functioning of the unit
- Maintains a high quality for patient care and patient teaching and assisting staff in ideas and implementation of patient education and teaching
The ideal Director of Nursing candidate should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Current Georgia RN license required
- BSN preferred
- Minimum of four (4) years progressive, directly-related healthcare organization management experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including but not limited to: communication (written and oral), conflict management, organizational, composure, tenacity, teamwork/team building, discipline, coaching
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification preferred
All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, and adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission requirements, and national patient safety standards.
All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote service excellence by developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality of care by performing their responsibilities according to the highest professional standards.
This description of job responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.