Southeast Georgia Health System has an exciting opportunity for a Director, Human Resources to join our team!
The Director, Human Resources:
The Director, Human Resources performs the following essential responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes and directs aspects of the Human Resources functions on a day-to-day basis including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits administration, recruitment and retention, policies/procedures, communications, performance appraisal, employee health and workers compensation
- Supports Vice President of Human Resources and participates in, as needed, long range planning for human resources
- Supports the Human Resources team as needed in aspects of team member/labor relations and education
- Works with the Vice President of Human Resources to manage the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the Health System.
- Assists the Vice President of Human Resources with providing Human Resources support functions to meet system objectives. Participates in developing ongoing strategies and providing input on specific HR needs in the health system.
- Provides leadership in planning and implementing the Human Relations function and services related to Team Member Relations and serves as Human Resources' principal Team Member counselor.
- Ensures current management practices are in compliance with the Department of Labor (Wage & Hour) guidelines. May entail departmental audits and investigations, making recommendations to ensure consistent practices.
- Implement System Human Resources program and policies with Vice President's direction. Ensure compliance with Joint Commission standards. Researches and advises management on problem areas dealing with performance appraisals and job descriptions. Assists in employee communications and writing and implementing policies/procedures.
- Has knowledge of compensation and benefits programs and is able to effectively communicate with team members; assists in design, enrollment and problem-solving of compensation and benefits plans and issues.
- Manages the entire recruitment and retention process.
- Develops, maintains and reviews the capital and operating budgets.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for Director, Human Resources should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in human resources, business or related field required; masters degree preferred
- Minimum five years current and progressive management experience in all areas of Human Resources
- Human Resources Healthcare experience preferred
- SPHR preferred
- High level communication skills (written, verbal, listening)
- Budgeting experience
All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission requirements, and national patient safety goals.
All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote service excellence by developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality of care by performing their responsibilities according to the highest professional standards.
This description of job responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. EOE/AA: M/F/D/V